Friday, August 7, 2009

Just a "mini-post!"




"No internet??? Oh, No!!!"

At least that's what I said to myself at 5:30, this morning.

And so, I sorted some old pictures and typed some history - checking, every few minutes, to see whether or not a voice would say, "You've got mail!" Yes, I DID call Frontier, and a nice young lady declared that there was no outage, but did I believe her? (Not really!) And - so - (again) I sorted and typed more and then finally decided that it really was just a teeny bit possible that the "outage" actually wasn't in the Frontier system, but somewhere in my modem ..........

So - before packing up the laptop to go to Nice 'n Easy, I spent all of thirty seconds unplugging and replugging and ............. to my great embarrassment but total delight, magic happened!

My apologies to Frontier for thinking ill of them!

Anyhow - I'm late. But I have this one very important announcement to post:





******************






I only took one picture, yesterday - this, of scraping in progress at an old apartment house on Stafford Avenue. The improvement will be fun to watch!

Mike Tower will be back in the Park, today, so you can watch the Bandstand grow, too!




The lilies in the Library Garden must be at their peak.

I've never seen anyone working in the garden and began to wonder if, in fact, elves come in the night to pull weeds.

Not so, I was told: some of Mr. Zwahlen's crew come quite regularly, during the day, to see to all of the flowerbeds, there.

******************

Heading into the weekend, WKTV's forecast sounds good: "Bonus weather continues today and tomorrow, with some changes as we head into Sunday. Another chilly start to the day, with temperatures in the 40s and 50s. Just like yesterday, once the sun comes out this morning temperatures will quickly rise. With high pressure still in control, it will be another beautiful day! Expect lots of sunshine, with highs in the low to mid 70s. A bit of a breeze will develop in the afternoon too. Crystal clear skies tonight, with temperatures diving into the 40s by sunrise tomorrow. More sunshine expected on Saturday morning and early afternoon, with highs in the mid 70s. Things will start to change as the head into the second half of the day as a warm front begins to approach. Clouds will roll in by the end of the day, and we do run the risk of a shower or thunderstorm after 8 PM. Warm returns by Sunday along with the chance of a few thunderstorms. Temperatures are expected to be in the mid 80s both Sunday and Monday. Next week's weather looks to be near or a bit above normal, with highs in the low 80s and overnight lows in the low 60s."

********************

I have a question for the blog-readers:

Is there a professional typing service in the community? I'd like to engage someone to type some historical clippings (PDF files) for me to that they can be available online. Just click the Email the writer link at the top of the page! Thank you!

FOR THE RECORD



Eeeek!




Have a Good Weekend, Everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment