Friday, August 14, 2009

The Weekend Looks Good + ADD-ON!





THE ADD-ON

is a

Special Greeting

from Tom!



************

and a Special Greeting

from Me!



**********************************




(Watch for an add-on to the Car Wash sign, this morning!)

*********************

It's 59 degree and clear!


WKTV's forecast: "Mostly sunny Friday with temperatures into the upper 80s. Sunshine and warm weather will last through the weekend, with temperatures making a run to near 90 degrees!"





Having seen quite a few clouds like this - above - yesterday afternoon, I'm surprised that we didn't have some "fireworks" during the night!


AROUND TOWN



On West Bacon Street.

(Better she than me!)



Plants everywhere - from Fr. Tom's "garden" ........



............ to planters on telephone poles are still bright!

Must have been the rain!

************

IN THE MAIL

A nice note and very special "attachment" from Paul Fleischmann:

"Your story and photos yesterday of the (past) Methodist Church reminded me that I have a scanned image of a drawing that I did (back in 1955-ish) for the Church to raise money through sales of note paper with this drawing on them. Don't know if they made any money?
I thought the offer by Jack Brouilette for beans was especially nice! What a nice town Waterville is!"



This is wonderful!

Thank you very much, Paul!

(Do you have any other drawings to share?)

***********

Thank you, also, to "anonymous" who left a Thank You note for me at "Heaps of History." I can't take credit for all of the typing: my husband did that (as well as everything online at Historic Archives.) I just blog, but I know that he'd appreciate your kind words!


About those green beans: Jack said that he would mark the patch --- what did I find? A "Beanie Baby!"

(Neat!)

**************************************

BOUCKVILLE



It was fairly late in the afternoon when I drove through Bouckville, and although some of the "shops" were closed, I was still amazed (as I always am) that the roadsides were absolutely jam-packed with displays!



Of course not everything is a genuine "antique" ........



......... nor are all of the browsers serious shoppers or collectors, for I saw very few parcels leaving stores.



Everyone seemed to be hungry, however, and there were stands along route 20 that were busy selling everything from hamburgers and hot dogs and fried bread dough to pulled pork, chicken BBQ and even steaks!

ON THE BIG FIELD

The Rotary Food Tent is surely open by now.

Follow the best aromas right to the big tent under the really big sign!


**********



Speaking of food ..........

If you're not in Bouckville on Sunday, you could be at........




**************

FOR THE RECORD







Have a Great Weekend, Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment