Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday morning




It's Garbage Day!

50 degrees and nice out!

I'm off to spend some "vacation" time with my daughter and grandson, but want to keep all of you birders up-to-date. We have a baby! - and here are five of the pictures that Jody took yesterday and his remarks. (Be sure to click on the images!)


1 - Close up of the father keeping an eye on me.



2 - Mother checking out the baby cowbird after feeding it.



3 - Mother continues to add to the nest (moth cocoons?)



4 - Baby cowbird chick



4a - Close up of egg showing how it is damaged. I suspect the mother
cowbird pecked this egg when she laid her own egg to prevent it from
hatching.



5 - Baby cowbird begging for food

******

Jody said that he could see signs that one of the vireo eggs was hatching. I'm sure he'll be back as soon as he can, this afternoon!

*******************************


Also in my morning mail were these pictures and note from Barb McNamara:

"Mack and I took a ride up to Lake Placid to watch son Rob run his first 1/2 marathon. There were about 2,000 participants running either a 1/2 or full marathon. Mack got to ride along in an electric cart so he was right in the middle of things. The first pic is of Rob with a couple of his fellow Skidmore alum buddies. Middle is of Mack in the electric cart and our friend Jim McKenna who is the CEO of Lake Placid's visitor's bureau. The last one was a surprise sighting of Karen Studdard who lives in O'Falls and works at Waterville's Fitness Center. She ran the 1/2 while her husband ran the full. Gorgeous weather -- have to tell you the lupine were incredible along the roadside coming up route 28 through old Forge all the way to Blue Mtn.! Worth taking a ride up... beware of the black flies -- saw people with their netting on! "







**********

Thanks, Barb!!!


VILLAGE BOARD MEETING TONIGHT AT 7:00.

********************************

I have pictures, too, but my camera is in my car: maybe later today I'll get a few posted.

Have a Great Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment